20+ Mother’s Day Gifts Mom Wants to get
Wow, It’s May and almost Mother’s Day. Can you believe it? Where has the year gone already? Mother’s Day is almost here and it’s time to start picking out the perfect gift for mom. But what do you get her? So here are some Mother’s Day gift ideas that mom would actually want.
So what are some things mom would actually want for her Mother’s Day gift?
I started by asking around, what do mother’s that I know want for Mother’s Day? Most of the answers made me smile or laugh because they’re such relatable answers.
“A weekend away in the woods where I can sleep”
” Dinner cooked for me”
Things that every mom can agree and relate to. Unfortunately, some of those are more difficult to come up with than others, some could happen. What would mine be? A day at the spa….. Sounds like heaven on earth!
As moms, we tend to place everyone and everything before our own needs which means we begin feeling overworked, underappreciated, and just worn out. Mother’s Day is a great day to go above and beyond for mom.
Let’s face it, what mom really wants for her Mother’s Day gift is going to be simple. I don’t know any moms who want the most expensive or extravagant things- ok, we’d take them, but we tend to be a little more practical than that. The things we actually want tend to be practical, and affordable to achieve.
This post contains affiliate links below. This means that I receive a small commission from any purchase you make, at no additional charge to you.
What to get mom?
This will depend on the mom. What does your mom like? What are her hobbies? What has she been crying out for when frustrated?
Anyone else slip a “I need a vacation” into their frustration?
Sometimes you really need to look at what Mom wants or enjoys.
For the mom who loves a super clean car
If mom loves having her car detailed you could get her a gift certificate to her favorite place, or you could detail it for her. Mom would love the effort of cleaning and detailing your car, as long as your job doesn’t ultimately create more work for her. If your job creates a mess she will have to clean up, it’s probably not the best gift.
So what should you buy to detail her car?
- A Microfiber washing mitt like this one that will wash your car using only water (yes, only water, no soap needed) from Norwex.
- This microfiber car cloth from Norwex also is a great addition for any car wash. Using just water you can get the car clean, and even dry like a chamois.
- A window cloth from Norwex will get the interior smudge prints off, and clean all those hard to clean areas that always glare using just water.
- You could use a little detailing brush to get the hard to reach crumbs and dust out of the tiny areas of her console.
For the mom who wants some quiet time
Ahhhhhhh….. quiet time. It’s magical when you have little ones around. When you have toddlers the quiet is suspicious, but oh how a few minutes of quiet sounds magical. It’s that mythical time when all is well with the world, nothing can bother you, and there’s no worries of the mess waiting for you in the next room.
Think about what your mom wants with her quiet time? Is it quiet time to read, to write or journal, to listen to music, to take a relaxing bath (I will put the spa stuff in its own category).
Here are some ideas for a mom looking for a bit of quiet time
- If mom loves to read getting her an Amazon Kindle may be a good option if she doesn’t already have one, or an Amazon gift card so she can buy more books. Who wouldn’t love a card to get more books?
- Mom would also enjoy getting Amazon Kindle Unlimited where she can read over a million books for free. You can get a free month by clicking the banner below.
- For the mom who enjoys reading devotionals, or could use a little inspiration, this book by one of my favorite bloggers Becky Thompson. Hope Unfolding: Grace-Filled Truth for a Momma’s Heart is a wonderful book for all mom’s stuck in the thick of motherhood. You can also find many wonderful devotionals and inspirational books on Amazon.
For moms who need a vacation or loves the outdoors
Really, what mom couldn’t use a vacation? Sometimes mom just needs a little extra sleep and a little time for herself. Whether this means getting mom a girls night out, giving her breakfast in bed, cooking dinner (and cleaning up), or even sending her off on vacation. Tailor your gift to your mom.
Does mom enjoy camping, spending time at the cabin, or maybe enjoying the warm summer on the boat. Finding something special for mom’s favorite places to relax can make that place even better.
- Think of moms favorite place to relax. Get her a gift card or set up a vacation for her there.
- For those wine drinking camping moms, you can’t go wrong with some unbreakable drinkwear. These unbreakable stemless wine glasses are perfect for camping or boating. Especially with the gripable sleeve.
- This wine stake set would also be perfect for the mom who enjoys wine outdoors.
- One of the favorite things I have routinely bought for my own mom is a flat of flowers for her garden. It’s something she usually would buy for herself, but I can get for her instead. I just go to my local greenhouse or fruit market and grab some of her favorites. They last longer than getting her an arrangement and I know she enjoys the gift.
- These hammock chairs, oh my…. let me tell ya. These are some of the most comfortable chairs you can have outdoors. These would work amazingly from a tree or from the porch overhang.
For the mom who enjoys her family
What mom doesn’t love to be surrounded by her family? If family is spread around the country or world, how can you all pitch in to get her something she will love?
- Family pictures are always a great gift for mom. Find a great photographer and get those memories documented for her
- If your family is spread out (& mom has wifi capabilities) this digital frame is amazing! You can email your pictures to the frame & they download into the rotation. This is great if the family is spread out and you aren’t able to see each other often. My grandma has one and loves being able to see her family’s adventures when new pictures come up on the screen.
- These puzzle piece picture frames & pictures are some of my favorite things. I love how you can make your configuration any way you want, and there’s so many to choose from.
- Amazon also has many beautiful picture frames for mom that she will adore. Especially if you add in one of those new family pictures mentioned above.
For the mom who loves jewelry
This seems to be an easy go to for Mother’s day. With so many great ways for mom to show off her children, it’s easy to see why. Here are some of my favorite ways for you to give mom something to wear that represents her kids.
- A mother’s ring. This is probably the easiest one. I recommend going to your local hometown jeweler (not a chain store). Depending on how fast you act and how fast they can work, there should be time to get mom a beautiful mother’s ring in time.
- If you’re a mommy to an angel baby a necklace like this can keep your baby close to your heart, and is beautiful enough to wear each day.
- These hand stamped bar necklaces are very on trend and beautiful to wear.
- This cool trendy bracelet is perfect for a proud sports mom who loves her jewelry.
- Go for the type of jewelry your mom likes. The options are quite endless, you can go for bracelets, necklaces, earrings, or rings. Etsy is also a great place to look for this kind of custom designed jewelry.
Mom’s who love the spa & makeup
Yes, the mom’s after my own heart. I am a mom after a relaxing day at the spa, or a deep dive inside my local Ulta. I mean, for me a shopping spree at Ulta to grab up my favorite products is just as good as a spa trip. Mostly because I get to go home and play with all my new goodies and use the masks and skin products I grabbed and incorporate them into my 5 minute routine.
So what do you get the mom who wants the at home spa experience? (I will be posting a Mother’s Day at home spa day guide next week, so sign up for email updates (see sidebar) if you want to read that).
- These are my favorite masks. They are amazing, smell good, work good, and are fantastically affordable. The TonyMoly masks are hands down my favorite. This pack is great because it has a little something for everyone.
- The Tree Hut scrubs are another favorite. The fragrances are amazing and the scrubs are wonderful. Using scrubs and soaks are some of my favorite products to use when I’m going through an at home spa night. Whether it’s one of their sugar scrubs or salt scrubs you cant go wrong.
- Body Butter is fabulous for the skin, smells fantastic, and a little can go a long way. Again I refer to Tree Hut. I just love their line of products. This is my favorite of their body butters, it just has the best fragrance.
- For mom’s who are going natural and don’t want the chemical body products, the Norwex bath mitt is amazing. I love to use the microfiber part over my body and the exfoliating side is great for my heels and any place that needs that extra abrasiveness.
- Norwex has a huge line of microfiber products for the moms who want to go chemical free. My top favorites are the Makeup Remover Cloths, Body Cloths, Spa Wrap, and Hair Turban.
- You can find a plethora of items with a simple Amazon search, so I won’t get into the makeup here. Plus, makeup is super personal. If mom is a fellow makeup junkie get her that Ulta card or Sephora card. She will love it.
For the Sports Moms
Sports moms are always on the go. They have 6500 things to do and carry. Kids have so much equipment to haul from practice or games to home. So what does the sports mom need or want?
- This collapsible wagon would be great for the sports mom who has many kids playing, or for the mom sitting in the stands cheering her ball player on.
- A collapsible trunk organizer will help keep all that sports gear organized and keep it from rolling around the back of the car.
- How about wearing a fun Sports Mom tshirt to wear as she cheers on her little star.
- These sports mom keychains are adorable and a great way to show pride mom takes in her kids activities.
- There are hundreds of great ideas as I search Amazon for sports related items for mom. Look at what sports her kids play and what her needs are. You’re guaranteed to find a winner.
Wow! That was a LOT!!!
Did you make it this far? I feel like if you read all this we need a glass of Moscato together and maybe a piece of cake. I really hope you got some great ideas for mom here, things more than the regular run of the mill items.
I know I am always trying to find something out of the box for my mom on mothers day. I also enjoy when my husband goes for something extra special for these special holidays.