36 Things to do for a Fall Girls Day Out
Fall is here, summer is over, and it’s time to plan a fall girls day out with your mom friend(s). The more the merrier for these type of days. No matter who you take though, just get out and take a whole day for yourself.
I talk about self-care a LOT, and usually what I write involves staying home, low budget things to do in 5 minutes. Today is not the same ole thing though.
Get out of the house
Beyond my everyday breaks for self care, one of my favorite things to do is plan a girls day out with my friends. These days are full days. We leave by 10am and usually don’t get home until midnight. We take advantage of our kid free day and stay out as long as we can.
We usually make these days all about the things that we love most. Every time we do one of these days we go shopping, always to Ulta, and then wherever else we feel like shopping. Our trips are always semi-planned out though.
It always starts like this. One of us comes up with a good reason to go to Ulta,
The game plan is usually one of the easiest parts for us. We each list off things we want to do, and places to go. If we agree on them then that’s what we do. The more people you get involved the more complicated it can be, but it can also make for a really fun day.
Fall themed ideas for your girls day out
When you get your group together and decide on a date, you’ll have to choose what to do. If you’re committed to taking the whole day, then you’ll be able to fit a lot of things in. Just make it fit your time allowance.
The Bucket List
- Visit an apple orchard and do a hard cider or wine tasting
- Go to an orchard and pick apples
- Eat Apple cider donuts & drink apple cider
- Go to a haunted house or forest
- Visit a corn maze
- Take a walk in the woods (make sure there’s no hunting going on where you walk)
- Go to an Oktoberfest
- Do a fall themed painting class
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Visit a pottery painting studio and make something fall/ Halloween/ Thanksgiving themed
- Go to the theater and watch a scary movie
- Go to a football game
- Start some Christmas shopping
- Buy some great fall outfits
- Visit a candle shop and buy (or make) some amazing smelling fall candles
- Grab a pumpkin spice latte, or your favorite fall drink from a coffee shop
- Enjoy a harvest festival
- Volunteer at a homeless or women’s shelter
- Go antique shopping
- Get a fall theme spa service done
- Color your hair for fall
- Go on a hayride
- Go to Michaels/ hobby lobby/ JoAnn’s and get stuff to make Pinterest crafts
Indoor bucket list ideas
Say you’re really not into going out and doing everything. Go to one person’s house, keep a no husbands or kids rule, and just have a girls day in. This day is still about you getting away from being a mom, and doing things you enjoy doing with your friends.
If you choose to do a day in, or a combination of the two options, still make sure you are focused on yourself and having fun with your friends. Do the things you wouldn’t necessarily be doing with your family. This is when it’s fun to do the apple picking, wine tastings, and such. If your group is feeling more low key, stay in and have fun at someone’s house.
Here are some great fall ideas you could do with the girls at home.
- Make fall or Christmas wreaths
- Make fall centerpieces or decorations
- Bake cookies or pies
- Halloween movie marathon
- Make candy apples
- Create a fall floral arrangement
- Carve pumpkins
- Enjoy a bonfire
- Do a dollar store crafting session
- Scrapbook- Who still does this? My friends and I have been wanting to do it again.
- Make Halloween costumes
- Meal prep some hearty soups & casseroles to fill freezers
- Make some bath or spa products
Do the things you wouldn’t normally be doing.
One of the most fun parts of planning a day like this is doing things you wouldn’t normally be doing with the family. I know my husband hates having to run into Ulta with me or stopping at the craft store to grab stuff for a project at home. He would much rather sit in the car, and he usually does.
When you do these things with your friends you make a fun day of
No matter what you choose to do, make sure you immerse yourself in it and enjoy the day just being yourself and doing the things you love doing.